Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This looks like a festive beverage to serve for the holidays that may be served warm or chilled. It's from Cooking Light, December, 1995. A "cocktail" variation with alcohol is included below (with an increase of 150 calories per serving).
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups water
- orange rind twists (to garnish) (optional)
- vodka (for cocktail, see below) (optional)
- In a large saucepan combine the juices, sugar, cloves, cinnamon sticks and water, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a simmer; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Garnish with orange rind curls, if desired.
- Variation with Alcohol:.
- For a Poinsettia Cocktail, add 1 Tablespoon Vodka to each serving.
Oh, this is so wonderful! Perfect holiday beverage. I used apple cider in place of the apple juice but followed everything else. I love the flavor. Instead of vodka we added a little apple brandy (AppleJack) and I think it was a great combination! Thanks!!
My DH and I really enjoyed this drink this morning! I halved the recipe for the two of us, and used apple cider. Thanks! Made for the Please Review My Recipe game.