1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe from Martha, I used the Sambuca!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract or 1 teaspoon sambuca romana
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 4 ounces dried figs, stems removed,cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small pan over medium-low heat, toast fennel seeds, swirling the pan; set aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add eggs, extracts, and zest, and beat on medium speed until creamy and light, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- 6Add to butter mixture.
- 7Mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- 8Remove dough to a clean surface; divide into quarters.
- 9Form into 9x1 inch logs, place on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart, and bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, and cool slightly.
- 11Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees.
- 12Using a serrated knife, cut logs on the diagonal into 1/2" thick slices.
- 13Arrange biscotti on their sides on a baking sheet.
- 14Return to oven, and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
- 15Turn biscotti over, and bake for 30 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Fig Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (813 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g