Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6 - NA*ME region - Morocco. Adjusted this slightly in that I think adding some chicken broth in place of just water would give this a better depth of flavor. To make it vegetarian use a vegetable broth in place of the chicken for the same boost to the flavor of the couscous.
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or use vegetable broth)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F On a baking sheet using the middle rack of the oven toast pistachios in one layer until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled, coarsely chop. You do want them very coarse so the texture is prevalent in the couscous.
- In a 3-quart saucepan bring broth and salt to a boil. Stir in the box of couscous and let stand, covered, off heat 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Stir in pistachios, mint, oil, and lemon juice and season with pepper.