1/3 Photos of Pink Lemonade Thins
A party-size recipe, these refreshing shortbread cookies are the perfect companion to tall glasses of icy pink lemonade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter or 1 1/2 cups margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 drops red food coloring, if desired (optional)
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
Pink Lemonade Glaze
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease bottom only of 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, beat butter, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 drops food color with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour until well blended. Press in pan, using floured fingers (flour fingers several times to prevent sticking).
- 2Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 3In medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Pour glaze over warm bars; spread evenly (glaze will be very thin). Cool completely, about 1 hour. Bars are very tender; remove from pan using very flat-edged metal pancake turner. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 8 rows.
- 4To cut diamond shapes, cut parallel lines, 1 1/2 inches apart, down length of pan, then cut diagonal lines, 1 1/2 inches apart, across straight cuts.
Nutritional Facts for Pink Lemonade Thins
Serving Size: 1 (992 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 30.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g