Recipe by Kurt Detweiler
Father's favorite Birthday Cake!!
Top Review by Evie*
This is a really nice cake, the brown sugar gives the pineapple a caramel flavour and makes it lovely and moist. I used a square cake tin and it needed to cook about 15 mins longer than the time mentioned in the instructions. Thanks for posting.
- 1 can drained crushed pineapple
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 14.78 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml butter
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice
- 354.88 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 3 eggs, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pineapple, brown sugar and 3 t Butter together.
- Mix remaining ingredients together except egg whites.
- Add egg whites beaten stiff.
- Pour browned pineapple in cake pans and spread evenly and up sides.
- Pour in remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375 deg 30-40 minutes.