Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
My mother-in law makes this for my husband when he comes home, for his special dessert. He likes it straight from the freezer- I like to let it thaw a bit. And I must admit- instead of the whipping cream and sugar, I use 1/2 container of Cool Whip.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (10 ounce) jar mint jelly
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
- In saucepan, soften gelatin in the reserved syrup.
- Add jelly; heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved and jelly is melted.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Chill until mixture is thickened and syrupy.
- Whip cream with sugar and fold into thickened gelatin mixture.
- Tint with a few drops green food coloring, if desired.
- Spoon into a loaf pan/dish.
- Freeze overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature 10-15 minutes and unmold.
- Slice and place on lettuce lined salad plates.
Really easy, light, fruity, and sweet !! Loved it !!
Your mother-in-law must be a fantastic cook. I'll bet she cooks all the time. Your husband is one lucky guy...this salad is awesome!