12 hrs 20 mins
My mother-in law makes this for my husband when he comes home, for his special dessert. He likes it straight from the freezer- I like to let it thaw a bit. And I must admit- instead of the whipping cream and sugar, I use 1/2 container of Cool Whip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
- 2In saucepan, soften gelatin in the reserved syrup.
- 3Add jelly; heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved and jelly is melted.
- 4Stir in pineapple.
- 5Chill until mixture is thickened and syrupy.
- 6Whip cream with sugar and fold into thickened gelatin mixture.
- 7Tint with a few drops green food coloring, if desired.
- 8Spoon into a loaf pan/dish.
- 9Freeze overnight.
- 10Let stand at room temperature 10-15 minutes and unmold.
- 11Slice and place on lettuce lined salad plates.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Mint Freeze
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 24.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: