Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 2 mins
I went to make my traditional rum cake the other night and was out of regular rum, so I improvised with this. It came out really good. My husband said it tasted like summer.
- Grease and flower a bunt pan.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Mix together cake mix, 1/3 cup of coconut run, eggs, oil, water, vanilla pudding and drained crushed pineapple in mixer on med speed until smooth. 4. bake for one hour or until cooked through. 5. Glaze:. 6. Place butter, powdered sugar and 1/3 cup of coconut rum in the microwave for 2 minutes or until it boils and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Leave the cake in the bunt pan.
- While it is still hot, poke several holes around the cake and pour glaze over all the holes and the whole cake.
- Let cook completely before you remove.
- Looks very pretty garnished with strawberries, pineapple rings and other fresh fruit.