Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a must at my Fourth of July Cookouts.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 48 fully cooked cocktail smoked sausage links
- Heat oven to 375.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles.
- Cut each triangle lengthwise into thirds.
- Place sausage on shortest side and roll to opposite points.
- Bake at 375 on ungreased cookie sheet until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
These are a never fail quick & popular appetizer. My DD & DH's favorite. We have coined them "Teenie Weenies" in our house as far back as I can remember. For quicker preparation (can it get any easier?), lay out the crescent dough and "mend" the precut triangles together. Take a pizza cutter and cut in retangular strips, lay a "weenie" on each rectangle and roll them up individually. We love to eat them plain, with Kraft Spicy Honey BBQ sauce or with spicy brown mustard. Tip: make ahead & "hold" in a foil lined crock pot on warm setting. They go FAST :P
Just made a batch for Superbowl...this is the same recipe I've used for years! Classic...:)
Always the first to fly off the appetizer table!