1/3 Photos of Pick-Your-Flavor Ice Cream Cake
This is better than any Dairy Queen frozen cake! ---experiment using different flavors of ice cream and toppings, the possibilities are endless, small Oreo cookies and Oreo ice cream works well --- homemade soft cookies will not work for the crust, the cookies must be hard --- prep time includes 5 hour freezing time --- this is *SO* good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package small chocolate chip cookies, divided (must be store-bought not soft cookies)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hershey's hot fudge topping, divided (or use favorite brand)
- 2 quarts ice cream, divided (slightly softened but not melted, use any flavor desired)
- whipped cream (use any amount desired to garnish)
- maraschino cherry (use any amount to garnish)
- 1Prepare a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2Finely crush only HALF of the small cookies to make the crumbs.
- 3Place in a bowl with melted butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons sugar; mix to combine.
- 4Press into the bottom of the springform pan.
- 5Stand the remaining cookies around the edge of the pan.
- 6Spread 1 cup hot fudge sauce over the crust.
- 7Freeze for about 30-40 minutes.
- 8Spread 1-quart of the slightly softened ice cream over the chocolate sauce; freeze for about 20-30 minutes.
- 9Using an ice cream scooper scoop the remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over the spreaded ice cream.
- 10Freeze for about 4 hours or until completely firm.
- 11To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pick-Your-Flavor Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.0
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 389.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g