Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fabulous topping to accompany any firm white fish.
Make and share this Piccata Sauce & Topping for White Fish recipe from Food.com.
- In a nonstick pan, sautee garlic in 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add wine, lemon juice and capers.
- Boil uncovered until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Rub fish with 1T oil on both sides.
- Place under broiler for about 3 minutes. Turn fish over and top with 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese.
- Broil until fish is opaque and flakes gently when touched with a fork. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of fish.
- Serve fish on individual plates and top with sauce.
This was so super easy and quick to make! And restaurant worthy to say the least. I would definitely serve it to company with a side of risotto. I used real Reggiano parmesan with Basa fillets. The DH took one bite and asked me to make it again soon. Thanks for a keeper!
Very tasty and quick dish. I used grouper and browned it in olive oil, and then placed it in the oven at 375 until it reached 120 degrees, after which I added the Parmesan cheese and placed it back in the oven until it reached 145 degrees. I then used the skillet to prepare the piccata sauce, which I finished with about 1 T. of butter. I served it over roasted zucchini. I would definitely make this again, and haven't met a piccata sauce I don't like!