1/2 Photos of Phyllo Cheese Straws With Pesto
I love these as a snack or with a meal! They make great appetizers, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375º.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lightly beaten egg, parmesan, and salt. Stir to combine.
- 3Spoon mixture into a plastic zip-top bag. Set aside. To use as a pastry bag, cut corner off bag to make a 1/4-inch diameter opening.
- 4Lay out thawed phyllo dough.
- 5Working quickly to keep dough from drying out: brush top sheet with melted butter, pipe cheese filling along long edge of phyllo 1/2-inch from each end. Fold over ends to seal in filling and roll up straw. Repeat with remaining sheets of phyllo and place on a baking sheet.
- 6Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- 7Makes 20 straws.
- 8Serve warm with pesto for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Cheese Straws With Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with vegetables