Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe for a small family. This one differs from the ones posted. I downloaded this recipe from TOH and revamped to suite our tastes.
- 5 lasagna noodles (I used 6 and did not use the trimmed pieces)
- 1⁄4 lb ground round
- 1⁄4 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- fresh ground pepper
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan (8 or 9 inch).
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, brown beef, onions, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium heat. Drain grease from pan.
- Stir in mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and Italian seasoning until well blended. Pepper to taste.
- Spread 1/4 cup of meat mixture in prepared loaf pan.
- Trim noodles to fit pan (I just used 6 noodles and did not use trimmed pieces). Place two noodles over sauce.
- Layer with 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- Layer with 1/3 of remaining sauce.
- Layer with 1/3 of Italian Blend Cheese.
- Repeat layers twice, using noodles trimmings for one noodle.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.