Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Watched Paula Deen make this for her honey. Tried it that night. Guess what! It worked! ;) Delish!
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlezesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (Lea and Perrins recommended)
- 2 teaspoons water
- Pour salad dressing into a zip lock bag. Place steaks inside with bacon, seal and marinate in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Wrap bacon around each steak, securing with toothpick or butcher's twine.
- Grill steaks over hot coals about 8 minutes per side (5 minutes for rare. Baste with mixture of steak sauce and water. For perfect steaks, turn only once.
- I live in a loft -- no charcoal grill. I seared filets on my Wolfgang Puck counter top grill, lines and all. Then I placed filets in a heavy duty nonstick skillet in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Voila! Perfectly cooked medium steaks. I would think 8 minutes for medium rare and 6 for rare.
Did not have bacon or steak sauce but otherwise followed this recipe. This was my first time making steak and it was good! I put the steaks in a ziplock with some italian dressing for a few hours. Put the steaks in a preheated heavy duty skillet & seared both sides. Put the steaks in the 400' oven for 10 minutes. This will be the recipe I will follow in the future! It was easy and yummy.
This recipe was perfect! I used Recipe #43522 and A-1 Steak Sauce which worked very well. Our tenderloins were tender and flavorful. Thanks so much, Kathy P53!
OMG----My boyfriend said that these steaks were delicious. I cheated and bought the filets with the bacon already wrapped around them. I forgot to put the steak sauce in- he said it didn't matter, it was better than what you get in most restaurants. I grilled these (mostly because I grill anything I possibly can). Paula Deen rules!!!!!