Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a melt in your mouth recipe. I have 3 molds for corn sticks, two are cast iron and one is glass. I use the cast iron. I usually do this recipe in the Winter, when the wood cook stove is fired up, and heat the mold on top of the stove before pouring the batter into the forms. This is the perfect accompaniment to my black bean soup.
- Preheat oven to 425F and place corn stick pans in oven.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into bowl.
- Stir in corn meal.
- Add eggs, milk, and butter.
- Beat with electric hand mixer until just smooth, about one minute, do not over beat.
- Grease pans with solid shortening.
- Fill pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) 12 to 15 minutes.
These are the perfect cornstick recipe for my family. My husband doesn't like the corn-sticks I make with all cornmeal so I found this recipe and made them tonight. These are light and airy and baked up quick in a cast iron mold. I think they would also be the perfect base for a seasoned stick with jalapenos, cheese or herbs. But, they are PERFECT just the way they are too . Thanks for the recipe
I love these cornsticks! With real butter on them!