This is a melt in your mouth recipe. I have 3 molds for corn sticks, two are cast iron and one is glass. I use the cast iron. I usually do this recipe in the Winter, when the wood cook stove is fired up, and heat the mold on top of the stove before pouring the batter into the forms. This is the perfect accompaniment to my black bean soup.
- Preheat oven to 425F and place corn stick pans in oven.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into bowl.
- Stir in corn meal.
- Add eggs, milk, and butter.
- Beat with electric hand mixer until just smooth, about one minute, do not over beat.
- Grease pans with solid shortening.
- Fill pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) 12 to 15 minutes.