Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family hit. Great with Sour Cream Chicken.
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup quality vodka
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook penne for 20 minutes or until done to your taste.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan adding crushed peppers.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add vodka and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Add cream slowly being careful not to curdle it.
- Bring sauce to a simmer slowly.
- Drain pasta and add sauce mixing thoroughly.
- Add Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Really enjoyed this recipe! I used 1/2 cup of Grey Goose Vodka (minus a sip). This is a keeper. I also have tried your Steven's World Famous To-Die-For Sour Cream Chicken (see my review for it) and thought it was wonderful! So far you are batting 100. Thanks for another great recipe.
While I was hesitant to use my Kettle One vodka for any thing other than sipping, I wanted to use up some leftover ham. I am so glad I picked your recipe! It was delicious and a keeper for sure.