Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This always comes out yummy when my niece Penina makes it. And she mixes it by hand!
Make and share this Penina's Sephardi Challah recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve sugar in warm water, stir in yeast and let sit until it becomes foamy or creamy (about 5-10 minutes).
- Mix in the other ingredients and knead dough until ball starts to form and lumps are gone.
- Cover bowl with dish towel and let sit 1 hour to rise (should double in size).
- Take out dough and punch down and make loaves. Let shaped dough sit on trays for about 10 minutes until they start puffing back out.
- Glaze with beaten egg and put them in the oven at 350 degrees F for at least 30-35 minutes or browned on top and bottom and/or tap hollow.