Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Diabetic spicy pecans with a little kick! This is just enough cayenne to give that kick. If you like hot and spicy, add more. NOTE: Newer crockpots tend to run at a higher temperature, so you may need to adjust cooking time accordingly!
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or more)
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- Put the pecans in crock pot. Add the egg white and stir until the pecans are evenly coated.
- In a bowl, stir together the cinnamon, salt, cayenne, and Splenda. Pour the mixture over the pecans and stir until they're evenly coated.
- Cover the crock pot; set on low, and let it cook for 3 hours, stirring every hour or so.
- If the nuts aren't dry by the end of the 3 hours, uncover the crock pot, stir, and cook for another 30 minutes until dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
Ok am in nut heaven. Messed up the recipe and it still turned out Fabulous. Made almost as written, my mistake was using chili powder instead of cayenne (trying to do to many things at one time). But liked so well with the chili powder will be making another batch for our Christmas eve party. This has gone into the keeper file. Thanks so much for the post.
Easy, but they dried out in half the time in my crockpot, so watch them carefully! Older crockpots will probably take the 3 hours. They taste just as good as the ones we pay big money for, plus no sugar!
EXCELLENT!! EXCELLENT!! Wonderful flavor and so easy! We like to garnish our salads with these pecans. Thanks for sharing, Mikekey!! Prepared for the 2008 Crock Pot Challenge in the Photo Forum.