Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light dessert with a spicy flavor. Cook time does not include chill time. From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Pears Poached in Peppered Port recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add pear halves; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove pear halves with a slotted spoon, and place in a large shallow bowl. Cover and chill.
- Bring wine mixture to a boil, and cook 8 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Pour wine mixture through fine mesh sieve into a small bowl; discard spices and lemon. Cover and chill.
- Place 2 pear halves in each of 4 dessert dishes; top with sauce. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Fantastic! Love the black pepper and used orange zest instead of lemon.
I had 4 pears perfect for this recipe! They came out beautiful tender but not too much.
I couldn't expect better.
I quite forgot the mint, but I think that the recipe would be good as well without next time. The winter is coming and my mint will be finished in some days!
Thanks a lot for posting this delicious, beautiful, tasty and fascinating reipce!
Gorgeous recipe! The peppercorns and cloves give a lovely tang to the sweetness of the port. I found that the pears needed 15 minutes to cook - maybe mine were a little unripe to start. I served this beautiful dessert after a curry dinner, and it was a lovely light finish. I served it with pecan mascarpone, which added another texture. Will definitely use this receipt again - thank you!! Tricia in Oz