1/2 Photos of Pear Butter
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe I found in Ball recipe book Tweaked a lot.I used my vita mix so I didn't need to cook, peel or seed my pears.I just pureed them then cooked with rest of ingredients. If you need to you can peel, seed and cook to soften the pears then puree in food processor. I just like the idea of all the vitamins and fiber I get to have because of this method. The prep time is what it took me from start(fruit) to finish(butter). This can be used on bread, waffles,pour it on a layer of cream cheese for a cracker spread,serve with a pork roast or turkey. Try it straight out of the jar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash 8-10 pint jars in hot soapy water or in dish washer.
- 2Keep hot until needed.
- 3Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- 4Place in a 6-quart pot.
- 5Pour orange juice over fruit.
- 6Stir in orange peel, sugar, spices and seed of vanilla bean.
- 7Use a hand blender if need be to get a nice smooth puree.
- 8Stirring constantly over medium heat, bring to a boil.
- 9Ladle into hot jars 1 at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 10Release trapped air.
- 11Wipe rim of jars with a clean damp cloth.
- 12Attach lid.
- 13Place in canner.
- 14Process in a boiling-water bath.
- 15For 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Butter
Serving Size: 1 (5591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 126.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: