Recipe by Charlotte J
Here is a strange one from 'Postcards from Buster' This recipe did not say amounts for the peanut butter or pickles so use as much as you like. But Zaar will not let me publish unless I enter an amount.
Top Review by Mountainbaby
This is a classic. My grandmother and great grandmother started eating these sandwiches at least 70 years ago. They used sweet sliced bread and butter pickles on the sandwich. This recipe has been passed on for generations. I know of at least 5 generations who have enjoyed this. Thanks for posting such a simple recipe for others to enjoy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Check with a grownup and wash your hands before you begin.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of two slices of bread.
- Cover one slice of peanut-buttered bread with pickles.
- Put the two slices of bread together (learn from my mistake and make sure the peanut butter is on the INSIDE when you do this).
- Clean up the kitchen before you enjoy your -- no, that's not right.
- Clean up the kitchen before you force yourself to -- no, that's too negative.
- Uh -- okay: clean up the kitchen before you take a small bite, and test it out.
- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
- If it's good enough for aliens, it's good enough for me!