Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter just loaned me her Peachtree Boquet cookbook, put out by the Jr. League of DeKalb County, Ga. There are some real goodies in this one. This is pretty healthy for tasting so darn good! I have tweeked this just a leetle!
- 2 large apples, cored (I like Gala or Fuji, but more tart apples would be good too)
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter (smooth would work too)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds (or wheat germ)
- Mix the peanut butter, chocolate chips, raisins, and flax seed together in a small bowl.
- Fill the cored apples with mixture. You may leave whole, or cut in slices for smaller servings. Enjoy!
What a nice treat we had for lunch! Everything we like besides easy peasy. Thank you Sharon for sharing.
I mixed the filling ingredients and served as a spread for thin slices of honeycrisp apples. It really is good & couldn't be any quicker to put together. Made for the cookathon in your husband's memory.
Could eat these every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Made as written using mini chocolate chips and a granny smith apple. Will use granny smith again as it is crisp and keeps this delicious treat from being super sweet. This will be made lots during apple season. Thanks so much for the yummy post.