Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One sip, and you’ll be transported to a tropical beach. This delightful cocktail features a peach base and just the right hint of ginger and a touch of evaporated milk that adds a creamy finish. For the peach puree (step #1), I used half of a 15-ounce can of sliced peaches, and it worked out well.
- 7 ounces canned peaches, drained (reserve 1 peach slice for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ice cube
- 1 teaspoon evaporated milk
- 3 ounces rum
- 3 ounces pineapple juice, prepared
- 3 ounces orange juice, prepared
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Place the drained peaches and grated ginger in food processor (or blender). Pulse until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- For each cocktail: add ice, the pureed peach mixture, evaporated milk, rum, pineapple juice, orange juice and grenadine to a cocktail shaker, and shake well. Pour into glass.
- Top each cocktail with a teaspoon of honey, and stir well.
- For garnish, add a peach slice and 2 maraschino cherries to an umbrella skewer; add to cocktail and serve immediately.
Interesting taste with the peach and ginger. For us it was a little bit too sweet so next time I'll omit the honey and probably also the grenadine. And maybe add a little bit more rum. Thanks NorthwestGal :) Made for ZWT9
Arrr this was a perfect rum drink for this pirate. A nice tasting tropical drink. I really enjoyed the flavor, it was not too sweet, just perfect for this hot humid day. Flavorful and refreshing. Very creative use of contest ingredients, Good Luck in the contest.
This was quite a yummy drink and made dinner prep much more fun! Followed the recipe exactly, but next time won't be adding the honey and will compensate for the lost calories with more rum. LOL! We couldn't taste the honey and the drink was pretty sweet - so leaving it out shouldn't make a difference in taste. This is definitely a cocktail we'll be making again once we tweak it to our taste. Thanks for coming up with this lovely libation!