Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is wonderful on a hot summer day. Make sure to allow time to refreeze.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup canned peaches
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- Heat oven to 325. Lightly butter a 9-inch pie pan. Put cookie crumbs, butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bwl. Toss with fork to moisten. Press into pie pan. Bake just until crust is set and golden, about 10 minutes. Remove. Cool on wire rack.
- Strain peaches over bowl. Reserve juice. Coarsely chop peaches.
- Put ice cream in large bowl. Using wooden spoon, mix in drained peaches and 1/4 cup of the reserved juice.
- Spoon into pie shell. Lightly cover with plastic wrap. Freeeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer. Spoon melted jam over top. Arrange raspberries in concentric circles in decorative pattenr to cover top. Return to freezer. Freeze until firm, several hour, or up to one week.
- To serve, remover from freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Cut with knife that has been dipped in hot water.