Top Review by Connie Lea
Very good. I planted sugar peas for the first time and was looking for a way to use them. I didn't have horseradish mustard so just used regular mustard and a teaspoon of horseradish. I also added a teaspoon of Splenda as we like a little bit sweet salad. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup fresh pea pods
- 8 ounces dried elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tips and strings from pea pods.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions in lightly salted boiling water, adding pea pods and peas during last 1 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse.
- Halve pea pods diagonally; set pasta and pea pods aside.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, mustard, minced garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In large bowl combine cooked macaroni, pea pods, peas, celery and onion.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni mixture.
- Stir gently to combine.
- If necessary, add additional milk (1 to 2 Tbsp) to moisten.
- Top with additional pea pods, if desired.