Recipe by Member #610488
Easter pie (pastiera) is found all over Italy, but its origins are Neapolitan.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat until well blended. Beat in the sugar, then stir in the ricotta, lemon juice and rind until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the cream and stir until smooth and creamy. Fold in the rice, then stir in the cinnamon. Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is nicely browned (45-60 minutes). Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.