Recipe by Lainey6605
Starting with fresh tomatoes keeps the sodium levels low in this recipe. Recipe is from Family Circle.
Top Review by Limechiffon
Awesome, awesome. I didn't peel tomatoes but did seed them; used dried basil (a generous helping) and left out tomato paste as I didn't have any. I can't wait to make this again. It didn't make close to 8 servings though-- it was enough for two of us as the main course.
- 453.59 g penne pasta
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 709.77 ml ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 22.18 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 T of the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and tomato paste to pan and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes have begun to lose their shape.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon olive oil and basil.
- Place pasta in large bowl and stir in sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.