Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy. Great for party appetizers or snacks.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 1 loaf miniature party rye rounds (can be found usually in deli section of supermarket) or 1 loaf pumpernickel rounds (can be found usually in deli section of supermarket)
- cream cheese
- Spread cream cheese onto bread slices (don't skimp but don't over do it).
- Place cucumber round on top of spread.
- Add a pinch of dressing mix to the top of cucumber and sprinkle.
Good suggestion, I guess it would work and taste the same. I guess the colorful little sprinkle of dressing mix is just part of the presentation of the appetizer. Thanks!
Haven't tried yet but why not mix the Italian salad dressing mix with the cream cheese first, then spread on rye and top with cucumber? Just a thought/
I would suggest mixing the entire package of seasoning mix into the cream cheese before spreading on the bread. I've been making them that way for years and they are delicious and flavorful.