Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is easy and delicious to offset those sweet things that are too often served at parties. It tastes best if made the day before, and let sit over night. You will need a very LARGE bowl, with a lid if possible. You will also need 1 - 16 oz box of Cheez-it crackers and 2- 6.6 oz Pepperidge Farm Cheddar Goldfish. The recipe would not accept these two items.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 (2 ounce) packages ranch dressing mix
- 1 (12 ounce) package oyster crackers
- Combine first five ingredients in bowl or measuring cup.
- Put all crackers (including the 16 oz box Cheez-it and 2 - 6.6 oz packs of Pepperidge Farm Cheddar Goldfish in very LARGE bowl.
- Pour spices over crackers, mix well (hands work best).
- Cover bowl and invert about every hour for a total of about 4 times, to thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
This was a big hit at my daughter's middleschool party. I was also skeptical about the amount of oil used, but I followed the directions with good results...the mix is well-distributed and flavorful without being greasy. I will be making this agian!
This is a very good snack mix and very easy to put together. I was a little hesitant because there is a a whole cup of oil in the recipe, but the crackers are not greasy at all. This was a big hit at my football party. Makes a large batch so it's great to take to a party. Thanks for a great recipe aussiekarin!