1/1 Photo of Paprika Roast Chicken With Sweet Onion
This recipe is quick, easy, moist, and delicious! This recipe is modified from one in last month's "Gourmet Magazine" (February 2009).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne (depending on how much spice you like)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole chickens, cut into serving pieces (about 3 1/2 pounds) or 3 1/2 lbs of cut chicken pieces (like chicken thighs or quarters)
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F with rack in upper third.
- 2Mix oil with honey (if using), spices, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, then add chicken and onion, tossing to coat. Arrange chicken, skin side up, and onion in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. (If you have the time, let the chicken marinate for a while).
- 3Bake until chicken is just cooked through and skin is golden, about 30 minutes. Skim any fat from pan juices in dish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paprika Roast Chicken With Sweet Onion
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.6
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 734.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 38.6 g