This recipe is quick, easy, moist, and delicious! This recipe is modified from one in last month's "Gourmet Magazine" (February 2009).
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (depending on how much spice you like)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole chickens, cut into serving pieces (about 3 1/2 pounds) or 3 1⁄2 lbs of cut chicken pieces (like chicken thighs or quarters)
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 500°F with rack in upper third.
- Mix oil with honey (if using), spices, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, then add chicken and onion, tossing to coat. Arrange chicken, skin side up, and onion in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. (If you have the time, let the chicken marinate for a while).
- Bake until chicken is just cooked through and skin is golden, about 30 minutes. Skim any fat from pan juices in dish.