Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This homemade pasta sauce may be simple and so easy, but it tastes exceptionally good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fresh red paprika, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- 800 g whole tomatoes, tinned
- 1 tablespoon pickled capers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 500 g fresh lasagna sheets
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté garlic and red paprika strips in hot olive oil over a medium heat until lightly coloured.
- Add most of the basil, stir and wait few seconds until wilted.
- Add the whole tomatoes and break them up into smaller chunks with a wooden spoon. Bring the sauce to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in capers, sea salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- On a lightly floured work surface, cut the lasagne sheets into strips with a knife or a pastry wheel.
- Cook the pasta in lots of boiling water for a few minutes until just al dente. Drain and stir into the warm sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and some basil leaves and serve immediately.