Recipe by lazyme
We love Hawaiian ahi tuna and this is quick and delicious. My husband gives this sauce a 10.
Top Review by zaksdad
made the recipe as written....the result was a entree worthy of best haute cuisine in any restaurant.....the sauce tasted like a great, rich mushroom soup..i can only urge users of this site to try this dish...i served with french tart's pommes anna - a great combo
- 6 (6 ounce) tuna steaks, 6-ounces each, 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- lime wedge (optional)
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°F Sprinkle 1 side of tuna steaks with pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Place tuna steaks, pepper side down, in hot oil and sear 2 minutes. Turn tuna over and continue cooking to desired doneness, about 2 minutes for rare. Transfer tuna to rimmed baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
- Add butter, sliced green onions, cilantro, ginger and chopped garlic to same skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in mushrooms and soy sauce and simmer 30 seconds. Add whipping cream and simmer until sauce lightly coats back of spoon, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Spoon sauce onto plates; arrange tuna atop sauce. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, if desired.