1/3 Photos of Pan Seared Rib Eye
This is the only way I cook steaks now. Learned this recipe from Alton Brown's show Good Eats on the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Bring steak (s) to room temperature.
- 3When oven reaches temperature, remove pan and place on range over high heat.
- 4Coat steak lightly with oil and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt.
- 5Grind on black pepper to taste.
- 6Immediately place steak in the middle of hot, dry pan.
- 7Cook 30 seconds without moving.
- 8Turn with tongs and cook another 30 seconds, then put the pan straight into the oven for 2 minutes.
- 9Flip steak and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 10(This time is for medium rare steaks. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.) Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 2 minutes.
- 11Serve whole or slice thin and fan onto plate.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Rib Eye
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks