I got this as a free recipe card at a local food store(Hart's) it looks delish.
Make and share this Pan-Seared Filet Mignon With Caper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers
- chopped tomato (optional)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over steaks.Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks to skillet and cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet: keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium-high heat and add shallots and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add wine, mustard and capers; simmer until slightly thickened,about 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over steaks. Garnish with chopped tomato,if desired.
- NOTE: If preferred, substitute beef broth for the red wine called for in this recipe.