Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am a carnivore. I admit it. This sounds good to me!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt or kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 filet mignon, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 large garlic clove, quartered
- 2 ounces brandy or 2 ounces cognac
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat skillet in medium high setting.
- Add olive oil and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the steaks and the garlic to the skillet and pan sear each side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Steaks will be medium rare (internal temperature of 140-145 degrees F.) when small drops of juice begin to ooze on the surface of the steaks.
- Transfer meat to a warm plate.
- Add the brandy or cognac to the pan and heat until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Discard the garlic and add the butter and stir until melted.
- Pour over filets and garnish with parsley.