Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sometimes I really don't want to be creative with my dinner. Then I usually make this pan fried chicken breast. A little garlic, shallots, lemonjuice and parsley, and dinner is ready!
- 2 large chicken breast fillets
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Fry the onion with 1 tbsp olive oil, 3 minutes in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove onion from the pan, keep on a plate. Add the chicken fillets to the pan and fry them in remaining olive oil on high heat until cooked through. Add the fried onion,crushed garlic and sprinkle over some seasalt. Pour in the lemonjuice and toss everything together with the chopped parsley. Cook for another minute then serve.
This was a quick, easy and tasty recipe (surprisingly tasty, actually). I used two big cloves of garlic and although I loooove garlic the flavour was still very strong. I also didn't have shallots so I used a small brown onion instead and it was still very nice. My chicken didn't crisp up quite as nicely as the original recipe photo (in fact, lit looked like a bit of a brown oniony mess) but that didn't detract from the taste ;)
What great flavors here. I made this just by the recipe and wouldn't change anything (and I rarely say that!). I used a big Costco chicken breast so mine took a bit longer to cook but came out beautifully done, moist and delicious. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.