Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was the first thing I ever made with Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. This recipe was taken from Pamela's website. However, it is no longer there and I thought I'd post it - mainly for me because I have a tendency to lose recipes!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups pamela's baking & pancake mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together until there are no lumps.
- Pour into a greased 8" square pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Be careful not to overbake.
I was pleasantly surprised at these! I used Arrowhead Mills GF all purpose baking mix instead of Pamelas (that's what I had here) and did everything else the same, using nuts.
These taste just like regular brownies. 25 minutes in a metal pan, 30 in a pyrex square. Perfect.
Pamela's is my best friend for baking, but I hadn't found a "scratch" brownie recipe yet...this recipe is PERFECT! My 11 yr old daughter made these by herself for her brother, who has celiac disease and they were fantastic! Of course, she took some creative license & used 2/3 c. chopped pecans instead of just 1/2 c., and mixed that with 2/3 c. butterscotch chips & 2/3 c. chocolate chips. Absolutely decadent with a scoop of ice cream on top. Our new favorite!!