Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe won the prize for Lisa Grant in the 2007 National Oyster Cook-Off.
Make and share this Oysters Saltimbocca With Lemon-Butter-And-Sage Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 dozen oyster, with shells (preferably Maryland oysters)
- rock salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped (1 or 2 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sage, fresh, chopped
- 8 round buttery crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sage, fresh, chopped
- 1 dash hot sauce
- black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh lemon slice
- sage leaf
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Scrub the oysters with cold water.
- Shuck the oysters, keeping the oyster meat in the deep part of the shell.
- Arrange the oysters in a baking dish on a bed of rock salt or other coarse salt (the salt is optional, but it keeps the oysters from slipping in the baking dish).
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the prosciutto, garlic and sage.
- Cook for 1 to 3 minutes or until prosciutto is slightly crisp; stirring often.
- Place the prosciutto mixture, cracker crumbs, wine, lemon juice, zest and cheese in a small bowl.
- Add pepper to taste and mix well.
- Top each oyster with some prosciutto mixture.
- Bake until edges of oysters begin to curl, anywhere from 7 to 12 minutes,depending on size of oysters and the characteristics of the oven.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a small pan. Add sage, hot sauce and pepper to taste.
- Add the lemon juice slowly, tasting as you go.
- Serve the oysters with the sauce and garnish with lemon slices and sage, if desired.