Chef Kate's Note:
This recipe won the prize for Lisa Grant in the 2007 National Oyster Cook-Off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 dozen oyster, with shells (preferably Maryland oysters)
- rock salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped (1 or 2 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sage, fresh, chopped
- 8 round buttery crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Scrub the oysters with cold water.
- 3Shuck the oysters, keeping the oyster meat in the deep part of the shell.
- 4Arrange the oysters in a baking dish on a bed of rock salt or other coarse salt (the salt is optional, but it keeps the oysters from slipping in the baking dish).
- 5Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the prosciutto, garlic and sage.
- 6Cook for 1 to 3 minutes or until prosciutto is slightly crisp; stirring often.
- 7Place the prosciutto mixture, cracker crumbs, wine, lemon juice, zest and cheese in a small bowl.
- 8Add pepper to taste and mix well.
- 9Top each oyster with some prosciutto mixture.
- 10Bake until edges of oysters begin to curl, anywhere from 7 to 12 minutes,depending on size of oysters and the characteristics of the oven.
- 11To make sauce, melt butter in a small pan. Add sage, hot sauce and pepper to taste.
- 12Add the lemon juice slowly, tasting as you go.
- 13Serve the oysters with the sauce and garnish with lemon slices and sage, if desired.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oysters Saltimbocca With Lemon-Butter-And-Sage Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 220.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: