Recipe by Marie
A delightful side dish especially good with pork, ham, chicken and of course turkey.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Delicious and very easy! Wanted something for Thanksgiving that wasn't a typical sweet potato casserole. Loved the hint of lemon and the wonderful flavor oven-roasting gave the sweet potatoes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Toss the potatoes with the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, place the butter, brown sugar, zest and lemon juice in a small pan over medium heat.
- Cook until the butter is melted and all is combined.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss with the butter mixture.
- Return potatoes to oven and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and glazed.