- 10 mint leaves, more for garnishing
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- soda water
For the simple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Simple syrup:.
- Start with the simple syrup. Mix sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar gets dissolved. Remove from heat and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Pour lime juice and simple syrup into a tall glass.
- Add mint leaves and muddle it together.
- Add rum and muddle a little more.
- Add ice and a splash of soda.
- Serve garnished with fresh mint leaves and a slice of lime.