- 4 sweet potatoes, about 2 1/2 lbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (or more)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Drain, cool slightly and peel.
- While still warm mash with butter, orange rind, orange juice, sherry, sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Return to saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot.