Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
A drink from the bar Archiduc, Bruxelles, Belgium. Taken in a book.
- 4 slices oranges
- 2 teaspoons almond syrup
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce pink grapefruit juice
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Crush the slices of orange in the bottom of a highball glass, mixing them with the almond syrup.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and pour the gin. Stir.
- Complete with the grapefruit juice and Angostura.
- Garnish with slices of orange. Serve with a straw.
This is a very pretty drink and I really liked everything about it until it came to the gin. I guess gin is not for me. So I added more grapefruit juice and then it was better. I found Almond Syrup for Flavored Coffee and made my own almond syrup. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*
We found this one really different. I'd just about say that the almond gives it quite a Christmas'y flavour and especially so for a hot Aussie Christmas! Very refreshing. I used a sparkling pink grapefruit juice and since Dave has a sweeter tooth I topped with a bit of lemonade.
I loved the combination of the fresh orange and the almond. This was refreshing and super tasty. Another winner! Thanks Boomette!