Recipe by melting pot
I think it's abit try personally, but it's so easy and quick and chocolatey who cares! Great for when you a need a superb tasting cake without too much mess on your hands.
Top Review by Mirj
This has a lovely flavor, but it comes out a bit dry. I smothered it in chocolate icing with toasted coconut on top, but the cake itself was still a bit dry underneath and crumbled on the plate. I froze half of it and will use that to make a lovely coconut/chocolate trifle.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 250 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Lightly grease a round 20cm cake tin.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or over low heat. Set aside.
- Sift the cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into cake pan. Bake for 50 minute.