Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My recipe for spiced sweet potato pie
Make and share this Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie (Made Easy) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes in light syrup (Princella)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Borden)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cloves)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FRESH WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
QUICK AND EASY TOPPING
- Cool Whip
- ground cinnamon, sprinkled
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
- ADD sweet potatoes (including syrup) to a food processor with remaining FILLING ingredients.
- PROCESS the FILLING mixture until smooth.
- POUR mixture into two 9-inch frozen pie shells.
- BAKE 55-65 minutes (centers will still move slightly).
- PLACE pies on wire racks to cool.
- WHIP heavy whipping cream into a medium bowl with electric beater until it thickens; add remaining TOPPING ingredients gradually and continue whipping until peaks form.
- SPREAD whipped cream TOPPING over cooled pies.
- DUST each pie with ground cinnamon if desired as a GARNISH for either TOPPING.
- SLICE, serve and enjoy!