Recipe by Southern Lady
One of the best seasonings sold, you can make your own Old Bay Seasoning from recipes on this site(stores well, too). I got this recipe off the Yankee Grocery website. For A Southern twist, use 1-1/2 C Flour....dust chicken, dip in egg mix and redust.....makes a great crust.
Top Review by dolores in paradise
This made a nice crispy crust with good flavor. I always soak my chicken in milk or water with hot sauce. which makes for very tender chicken, and this crust made it extra good. Nothing better than good fried chicken. Thanks Southern Lady for another way of cooking it.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash Chicken and pat dry
- Mix Flour and Old Bay seasoning in large plastic bag.
- Begin heating Cooking Oil in a large skillet.
- Mix Egg and Water in bowl.
- Dip several Chicken pieces at a time in Egg mixture and shake in Flour mixture.
- Fry over medium high heat, 15-20 minutes per side (depending on the size of pieces).
- For more flavor, sprinkle a little more Old Bay Seasoning over finished chicken pieces.