- 1 lb beef, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 8 okra, tops removed (seeded if mature)
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stockpot, heat the oil and brown the beef cubes.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock, bring to a boil, and lower heat to simmer until meat is cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Add vegetables and simmer until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and puree them in a blender. (Be careful with the hot liquid. Use an immersion blender if available).
- Return to puree to the stock pot, adjust seasonings, and simmer 5 minutes.