Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
EASY EASY EASY!!! And done in about 30 minutes.
Top Review by Heidi T.
The notes "About This Recipe" say it all!! I made this pie for a Labor Day picnic, and it was EASY EASY EASY! And it didn't take any time at all! I followed the recipe exact;y, except I only used one drop of green food coloring as suggested in previous reviews, and I only used about a teaspoon of zest. I also topped it with some cool whip.. I think it would've been too rich/sweet without it. The pie was delicious, and cheap to make.. less than $4.00 (I bought a graham cracker crust). I used lime concentrate from the little plastic limes (they contain almost exactly 1/2 a cup), and I bought a single lime to use for zest and decoration! Nothing better than a pie that is super easy to make, delicious, and looks beautiful!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 2 drops food coloring (optional)
- 1 graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks with food coloring.
- Then mix in sweetened condensed milk.
- Then mix in key lime juice and zest.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and bake at 325 for about 20 minutes (check after about 13 minutes) or center is jiggly when shaken slightly, or when knife inserted in center leaves mark.
- Chill in freezer for 10-15 minutes.