Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
EASY EASY EASY!!! And done in about 30 minutes.
Make and share this Nummy Easy Key Lime Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 2 drops food coloring (optional)
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Beat egg yolks with food coloring.
- Then mix in sweetened condensed milk.
- Then mix in key lime juice and zest.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and bake at 325 for about 20 minutes (check after about 13 minutes) or center is jiggly when shaken slightly, or when knife inserted in center leaves mark.
- Chill in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
The notes "About This Recipe" say it all!! I made this pie for a Labor Day picnic, and it was EASY EASY EASY! And it didn't take any time at all! I followed the recipe exact;y, except I only used one drop of green food coloring as suggested in previous reviews, and I only used about a teaspoon of zest. I also topped it with some cool whip.. I think it would've been too rich/sweet without it. The pie was delicious, and cheap to make.. less than $4.00 (I bought a graham cracker crust). I used lime concentrate from the little plastic limes (they contain almost exactly 1/2 a cup), and I bought a single lime to use for zest and decoration! Nothing better than a pie that is super easy to make, delicious, and looks beautiful!
This key lime pie is so easy and so very good. There is absolutely no reason to make a more complicated version. I used to make another recipe that literally made my arm fall off from whisking the filling for 10 minutes straight. I follow the recipe exaclty except I don't put the food coloring in because I don't feel the need to make it very green. Thank you so much for sharing this easy and very tasty Key Lime Pie! My friends and family certainly thank you as well!!
This pie was so good, it was devoured right away. It really did only take about 5 minutes prep. with minimal cleanup. It has a strong lime flavour, which I loved. This pie would make a great summer treat, although I'll make it again before then! Thanks!