Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Maybe be served alone or filled with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- 6 tablespoons water
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the flour, mixing well.
- Gradually add water until the batter is the consistency of a thick cream sauce.
- Lightly grease the 2 sides of a krumkake iron with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Heat over medium to medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles on the surface.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the center of the iron. Squeeze the sides closed enough to spread the batter, but not so much it overflows the sides. (Keep a damp towel nearby to wipe off any drips. Because of the butter content, you may accidentally get krumkake flambé if you're not careful!).
- Bake 30 seconds, flip over, and bake 30 second more.
- Flip iron to original position. remove krumkake, and shape over a krumkake cone or a wooden spoon. Slip off cone and allow to cool on a rack.