Maybe be served alone or filled with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the butter and sugar.
- 2Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- 3Stir in the flour, mixing well.
- 4Gradually add water until the batter is the consistency of a thick cream sauce.
- 5Lightly grease the 2 sides of a krumkake iron with cooking spray or melted butter.
- 6Heat over medium to medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles on the surface.
- 7Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the center of the iron. Squeeze the sides closed enough to spread the batter, but not so much it overflows the sides. (Keep a damp towel nearby to wipe off any drips. Because of the butter content, you may accidentally get krumkake flambé if you're not careful!).
- 8Bake 30 seconds, flip over, and bake 30 second more.
- 9Flip iron to original position. remove krumkake, and shape over a krumkake cone or a wooden spoon. Slip off cone and allow to cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Norwegian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Krumkake
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 36.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g