Recipe by JWynia
This recipe was given to me as "Southern Comfort Cornbread". However, since it's a sweet cornbread, which I know to be heresy in the south, I renamed it "Northern Comfort Cornbread" and kept the sugar and honey.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a blender, beat the eggs and then add the corn kernels.
- Blend to chop the corn kernels.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients and blend until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until it just comes together.
- Pour into cast iron skillet and bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cornbread from the skillet and set on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before cutting.