Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from The Everything Low Carb Cookbook. You can vary the flavor by substituting different extracts for citrus extracts, but always add the vanilla extract.
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until it's very smooth. Slowly beat in the sweetner 1 tablespoon at a time. Then, add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the remaining ingredients, scrape down the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared spring-form pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn down the heat to 275 and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until the edges are lightly browned (the cheesecake may be cracked on top). Turn off the oven.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, run a thin bladed knife around the edge of the pan, and return the pan to the oven to cool slowly. If the center of the cheesecake still looks a little undercooked, it will firm up in the oven as it slowly cooks.
- Cover the cooled cheesecake with the plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 days. To serve, run a knife around the edges again and remove the sides of the springform pan.