Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I received this recipe from a special friend back in 1968 and have been making them since.
- 453.59 g powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 170.09 g can frozen orange juice
- 4.92 ml grated orange peel
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 453.59 g vanilla wafer, crushed
- 453.59 g shredded coconut, divided into two portions
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT half of the coconut. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape into one inch balls.
- Roll balls in remaining coconut.
- Store on waxed paper lined cookie sheet in refrigerator.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
One of my FAVORITE "cookies". My mom makes them for us every year. Fast, easy and fun for the whole family. I have used powdered sugar instead of coconut, as I'm not much of a coconut eater, but either way, they are delicious!